A three-book series (Ages 5-7, 8-10, 11+), written to introduce primary school students to astronomy.
- The books cover many of the goals for the International Year of Astronomy 2009, including how astronomy contributes to society and culture, the need to observe and maintain cosmic diaries, developing a gender-balance representation of scientists, increasing knowledge about and preserving dark skies, preservation and protection of world cultural and natural heritage historical astronomical sites, providing accessibility to telescopes, developing space and scientific awareness and sharing space knowledge among world communities.
- Further topics investigate what astronomy is; the solar system; the sun, the planets, the moon, galaxies, stars and other astrological bodies; telescopes; different ways of observing space; astronomers; the calendar, astronomy and culture; light pollution; and astrology and the zodiac.
- Features include:
- 24 sections, each containing four pages (one teacher page and three student pages)
- comprehensive student information text for each topic
- student comprehension pages
- cross-curricular student activities
- comprehensive teachers notes pages
- background information
- suggestions to support the use of each worksheet
- suggested extension activities
- answers where appropriate
- curriculum links
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Ed Resources Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.