Investigating poetry is a series of three books (Ages 7-8, Ages 9-10 and Ages 11+) designed to help students study English through reading, writing, speaking and listening to poetry.
- Each book allows students to practise and develop a variety of skills, including comprehension, discussion, creative writing, word study and interpreting texts.
- Features include:
- links to all four strands of the English curriculum
- practical, fun activities in the form of structured lessons, incorporating individual, group and class work
- each book is divided into four sections: receptiveness to language; competence and confidence in language; developing cognitive abilities through language; and emotional and imaginative development through language
- teachers notes for each student page, including objectives, list of activities covered, background information, preparation, step-by-step instructions, homework suggestions, answers and recommended reading and websites
- a variety of poetic forms are studied and practised, including haiku, clerihew, sense, list and cinquain
- opportunities for student self-assessment and poetry performance
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Ed Resources Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.