Literacy through science is a three-book series designed to integrate science content with specific reading instruction.
- It enables students to improve their comprehension of nonfiction text and to understand scientific vocabulary and concepts appropriate to each level.
- Features include:
- 12 units covering the areas of life, earth and physical science.
- Each unit consists of:
- pre-reading strategies: topic prediction, before and after chart, vocabulary prediction
- a two-page nonfiction text
- post reading activities: comprehension exercise, literacy skills review, critical thinking exercise
- a hands-on science experiment
- Comprehensive teachers notes on how to implement the strategies and activities for each unit
- Content summary reference
- English and science curriculum links
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Ed Resources Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.