New Wave Spelling - A phonics based approach is a seven spelling workbook series providing students with a solid framework for becoming independent spellers.
- A focus at the beginning of each unit encourages students to identify key features, patterns, rules, similarities and differences of the list words as well as phonemes (sounds) within words and the different ways they are represented (graphemes).
- Features of this book include:
- Comprehensive whole year program of 20 units of work
- Spelling lists of words with common phonemes represented in different ways
- Revision list in each unit
- Words selected from proven Australian contemporary lists
- Variety of activities based on the word list provide students with opportunities to use different strategies to consolidate their understanding of the particular focus
- Spelling rules appropriate for each level are explained
- Vowel and consonant phonics reference charts
- Also available: Supporting Teacher Resource Book for each grade containing detailed program outlines, suggestions for use and support material.
- Ideal for Ages 10-11
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Ed Resources Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.