Teaching Comprehension Strategies is designed to methodically and creatively teach students the skills and strategies needed for effective comprehension. These strategies have been defined as understanding words, finding information, identifying the main idea, sequencing, comparing, predicting, concluding, summarising, inferring, cause and effect, fact or opinion and point of view.
- original and varied texts, customised to suit the strategy being highlighted
- skills and strategies specifically taught using explicitly modelled as well as supported examples and activities
- a student ‘test’ page, where students apply the particular strategy being taught – suitable for assessment purposes
- background notes and information for each strategy, to assist the teacher and to give the activities the widest possible application
- answers where necessary
- a high-interest series that doesn’t just talk about comprehension, it teaches it!
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Ed Resources Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.