The Arctic and the Antarctic was written to allow students to develop a clear understanding of the importance of the Earth’s polar regions in regards to climate, global patterns, wildlife, people, history and the future, to gain knowledge about the geography, meteorology, resources, exploration and seasonal patterns of the Arctic and Antarctica and to explore global issues and expand their understanding of possible consequences, outcomes and solutions.
- employs a range of skills, including: word study, comprehension, cooperative learning, problem solving, mapping, following procedures and recording data
- features five major sections: What is a polar region?, Antarctica, The Arctic, Polar life, and Environmental threats
- teachers page which provides teachers with indicators; additional information; relevant Internet resources (where possible); answers; additional activities; and outcome links
- student information page which poses a question to initiate class discussion; detailed information on the topic; supporting artwork; and the opportunity to engage in a specific word study activity using words in context
- student comprehension page providing students with the opportunity to review what they have read and further enhance their understanding
- research or group activity which involves students working independently or cooperatively to gather further information relating to the particular topic to broaden their knowledge at a deeper level
- answers are given for all questions, where applicable
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Ed Resources Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.