- The comprehension box series is a set of three boxes of comprehension cards suitable for students of ages 5-7 (Box 1), ages 8-10 (Box 2) and ages 11+ (Box 3).
- The boxed sets provide supplementary materials to support the reading program of teachers catering for the needs of capable, independent readers at each level in the classroom.
- The cards feature both fiction and non-fiction texts (incorporating Society and Environment, Science and Health and Values) and fully support the National English Curriculum, which requires teachers to ?use texts from a wide range of genre and school subjects?.
- Each comprehension box incorporates three levels of comprehension question cards in a multiple-choice format and assesses 12 different comprehension skills.
- Separate answer cards allow the students to work and progress at their own rate while keeping a record for their own and the teacher's reference.
The cards vary in difficulty, depending on the:
- topic; e.g. interest and background knowledge
- conceptual understanding required
- age appropriateness
- artwork included
- number of words
- number of questions
- complexity of the questions
- complexity of sentence structure
- length of the sentences
- grammatical complexity; e.g. passive/active verbs
- difficulty of the vocabulary
- length of the text, as determined by the font size and return spacing.
Each box contains:
- 150 colourfully illustrated cards with texts covering a variety of genres and text types
- 15 colour-coded sections
- 10 cards in each of the 15 sections, numbered (front to back) from 1 to 10
- questions on the back of each card
- answer cards
- a teachers guide
Ideal for Ages 8-10(RIC-6947)
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Ed Resources Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.